In addition to routine surgeries, the following services are available:
- Antenatal and postnatal clinics
- All family planning advice
- Minor surgical procedures
- Private medical examinations, ie, insurance, employment, driving
- Health promotion sessions (CHD, diabetes, asthma and COPD)
We have a particular interest in, and lay importance on, illness prevention and health promotion. We perform:
- Cervical smear tests with regular recall
- Child developmental surveillance
- Blood pressure and urine checks at intervals, depending on age and previous health
- Advice on smoking, drinking and weight problems
- Travel vaccinations and advice on safe and healthy travel
- Diabetes, asthma, hypertension, heart disease prevention,
For patients who need to be referred to some specialists, we offer appointments via the Choose and Book system which allows them to arrange their own appointments at a time convenient to themselves.
NB: Travel immunisation appointments will be made once patients have completed our 'Travel Plan' form which allows the nurses to provide a more efficient service.
Routine Childhood Vaccinations
Invitations to attend Childhood Vaccination clinics will be sent. If you cannot attend, please let the surgery know so that alternative arrangements can be made.
Vaccinations are also offered by appointment with the nurses including:
- Adults requiring routine immunisations
- Travellers appointments are made on recipt of your next travel plan details (forms are available at reception) please allow eight weeks for full course.
- Influenza and pneumonia for those at risk with diabetes, heart or kidney diseases as well as other serious conditions and to those over 65 years old. Influenza vaccination is given in October/November each year.
Contraception and sexual health clinic:
This is based at Fornton Medical Centre. Appointments can be made by phone on 023 9250 3000
Genito urinary medicine clinic:
This is based at St. Mary's Hospital. Appointments can be arranged by ringing 023 9286 6796. there is a walk-in clinic at Rowner Youth Centre Late Afternoon / Early evening on Tuesdays.